The most heavily leaked smartphone since perhaps the iPhone 4, the new LG Nexus 5 has finally debuted to much enthusiastic praise from the Tech industry. The handset is most impressive and sports a 4.95-inch full HD 1080p display with a pixel density of 445ppi. You’ll also find a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM and an 8MP rear camera with image stabilizer and 3G / 4G connectivity. The device runs Google’s latest version of its Android mobile operating system, 4.4 KitKat.
The press release states that it includes a dedicated multimedia subsystem for rich media and longer battery life. What is perhaps most noteworthy is its relatively low price point of $349 for the entry level 16GB version and $399 for the 32GB model. This makes the Nexus 5 a very compelling alternative to Apple’s iPhone 5s and Samsung’s Galaxy S4.
The full specs for the LG Nexus 5 are as follows:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 with 2.26GHz Quad-Core Krait CPU
- Operating System: Android 4.4, KitKat
- Display: 5-inch (actual 4.95-inch) Full HD IPS (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Network: CDMA/1xRTT/EVDO, GSM/GPRS/EDGE, WCDMA/HSPA+, LTE
- Memory: 32GB / 16GB
- RAM: 2GB
- Camera: Rear 8.0MP with OIS / Front 1.3MP HD
- Battery: 2,300mAh Li-Polymer (embedded)
- Size: 137.84 x 69.17 x 8.59mm
- Weight: 130g
- Others: Wireless charging, NFC
1 thought on “LG Nexus 5 Officially Arrives! Specs & Pricing Revealed!”
I am hoping that tech companies will be sending out kit kat updates to older phones soon. Although there are not many major system updates, the operating systems ability to take less power and run more smoothly is something that I would like to experience on my Galaxy S3.