The most heavily leaked smartphone since perhaps the iPhone 4, the new LG Nexus 5 has finally debuted to much enthusiastic praise from the Tech industry. The handset is most impressive and sports a 4.95-inch full HD 1080p display with a pixel density of 445ppi. You’ll also find a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM and an 8MP rear camera with image stabilizer and 3G / 4G connectivity. The device runs Google’s latest version of its Android mobile operating system, 4.4 KitKat.
The press release states that it includes a dedicated multimedia subsystem for rich media and longer battery life. What is perhaps most noteworthy is its relatively low price point of $349 for the entry level 16GB version and $399 for the 32GB model. This makes the Nexus 5 a very compelling alternative to Apple’s iPhone 5s and Samsung’s Galaxy S4.
The full specs for the LG Nexus 5 are as follows:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 with 2.26GHz Quad-Core Krait CPU
- Operating System: Android 4.4, KitKat
- Display: 5-inch (actual 4.95-inch) Full HD IPS (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Network: CDMA/1xRTT/EVDO, GSM/GPRS/EDGE, WCDMA/HSPA+, LTE
- Memory: 32GB / 16GB
- RAM: 2GB
- Camera: Rear 8.0MP with OIS / Front 1.3MP HD
- Battery: 2,300mAh Li-Polymer (embedded)
- Size: 137.84 x 69.17 x 8.59mm
- Weight: 130g
- Others: Wireless charging, NFC